Responsible to: Production Manager
Location: Dynamo Motor Company – Bayton Road
To manufacture products by supervising staff; organising and monitoring work flow.
- Skills: Supervision of a multi skilled team, Coaching, Managing Processes, Process Improvement, Tracking Budget Expenses, Production Planning, Controls and Instrumentation, Strategic Planning, Dealing with Complexity, Financial Planning and Strategy, Automotive/Aircraft Manufacturing experience.
- Experience: Relevant experience in automotive/aircraft manufacturing.
- Accomplishes manufacturing staff results utilising SQDCME metrics.
- Maintains staff by recruiting, selecting, orienting, and training employees; developing personal growth opportunities.
- Maintains work flow by monitoring steps of the process; setting processing variables; observing control points and equipment; monitoring personnel and resources; studying methods; implementing cost reductions; developing reporting procedures and systems; facilitating corrections to malfunctions within process control points; initiating and fostering a spirit of cooperation within and between departments.
- Completes production plan by scheduling and assigning personnel; accomplishing work results; establishing priorities; monitoring progress; revising schedules; resolving problems; reporting results of the processing flow on shift production summaries.
- Maintains quality service by establishing and enforcing organisation standards.
- Ensures operation of equipment by calling for repairs; evaluating new equipment and techniques.
- Provides manufacturing information by compiling, initiating, sorting, and analysing production performance records and data; answering questions and responding to requests.
- Creates and revises systems and procedures by analysing operating practices, record-keeping systems, forms of control, and budgetary and personnel requirements; implementing change.
- Maintains safe and clean work environment by educating and directing personnel on the use of all control points, equipment, and resources; maintaining compliance with established policies and procedures.
- Maintains working relationship
- Resolves personnel problems by analysing data; investigating issues; identifying solutions; recommending action.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.