Responsible to: Purchasing Manager
Location: Dynamo Motor Company – Bayton Road
- Skills: – Must be able to work independently and with a team; Excellent time management and organisational skills; Ability to handle multiple projects at one time; Judgement and decision making; Excellent verbal and written communication; Excellent negotiation skills.
- Qualifications: Degree qualified would be advantageous, MCIPS (working towards) essential.
- Experience: Relevant experience in automotive.
- Purchases materials, equipment, supplies and services of a specialized or complex nature in accordance with prescribed purchasing regulations and procedures.
- Reviews and analyses purchase requirements, investigates and develops sources of supplies, prepares bid specifications, issues bid requests and reviews quotations.
- Researches and selects vendors, evaluates vendor performance, utilizes different vendor sources to fill as directed.
- Compile and analyse statistical data to determine feasibility of buying products and to establish price objectives for contract transactions.
- Obtain data for cost analysis studies.
- Prepare reports, charts, and graphs of findings; evaluate findings and make recommendations regarding feasibility of manufacturing or buying needed products.
- Recommend use of alternative parts, materials, or manufacturing methods to reduce costs.
- Interprets purchasing procedures to departments which require a degree of technical knowledge.
- Process requisitions, research products, clarify specifications, type purchase orders, follow up back orders, and maintain up-to-date product information files.
- Follows up back orders, expedites delivery of orders, and makes special arrangements for delivery; communicates to the department the expected delivery date.
- Maintains an up-to-date filing tracker on pricing to ensure immediate and accurate access to information.
- Searches out alternate vendors or supplies during periods of shortages or stock outs.
- Purchases high volume items and materials.
- Ability to work as a team member and participant in projects that involve or impact the entire company.