Responsible to: Supply Chain
Location: Dynamo Motor Company – Bayton Road
The Logistics Controller will be responsible for maintaining customer relationships, being the customer voice within DMC.
- Work closely with the customer to deliver requirements and resolve issues when they arise to ensure excellent levels of customer satisfaction.
- Ensure all customer schedules/ demand are tracked to ensure the optimum delivery sequence/ package is implemented to achieve it, on time every time.
- Effective management of warehouse dispatch staff to ensure all deliver/ shipment needs are covered.
- Ensure all storage locations are allocated, identified and goods are stored to avoid damage and deterioration. 5S and FIFO is to be clearly demonstrated.
- Responsible for maintaining long term relationships and maximizing sales opportunities.
- Acquire a thorough understanding of customer needs and requirements liaising with various departments within the company.
- Attend meetings and visits at all levels as and when require.
- Control of new model, engineering changes and vehicle run out through coordination between engineering, projects and supply chain.
- Completing reports and forecasts as required.
- Escalation of any customer deliver supply issues in a timely manner to mitigate failure in customer satisfaction.
- To act as a flexible member of the supply chain team to support colleagues and cover when necessary.
- To manage transport goods in and despatchers inc costs.
- Oversight of warehouse activities and line management of Warehouse Associates.
- Deputies for the Supply Chain Manager as and when required.
- Ensure health and safety standards are maintained and recommendations are suggested where appropriate.
- Any other reasonable task, duty of function as requested by the Supply Chain Manager.
- Provide data, reports and agreed KPI’s to demonstrate above objectives.
- An understanding of JIT is advantageous.